Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of School

Well, the first day back to school is officially in the books and we survived! Steve started on Monday and today was my first day back. We already have a 2 hr early out tomorrow because the heat and lack of air conditioning! Hey, I don't mind the shorter days but man it sure was hot...they said it was 87 degrees in the building at 11:00 in the morning...yeuck!

Of course getting out of the door in time is much harder when you have a 5 1/2 month old to get ready, but we managed...barely.  Aubrey has been fighting a cold so she has been sneezing a lot and even gagging because of all the snot, and today was interesting to say the least.  I had just gotten finished feeding her and I wasn't ready to head out the door yet but I thought I would put Aubrey in her car seat so she would maybe get a head-start on her morning nap, but no, less than five minutes in there and I heard "rumblings"....so out she came for a diaper change.  On the way back to the car seat she gagged and suddenly threw up all over the kitchen floor...poor girl! That meant back to the changing table again and a new outfit.

Man, I knew it would be hard first day to get going, but I wasn't expecting this.  Oh the joys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment