Monday, April 13, 2015

Chicken


I just have to blog about this to keep a record for me :)

We eat a variety of meats in our house, including beef and chicken.
But now that Aubrey is getting a little bit older, she is asking more questions
and wanting more answers about everything, including chicken!

Just the other day we were talking about where chicken comes from
and I told her that your chicken nuggets and food you eat comes from animals.
She brushed it off as, whatever, ok mom.

Then, on SUNDAY...
I had a WHOLE rotisserie chicken that I had made from cooking group
and we had not eaten it yet since I am not a huge whole chicken fan.
I didn't really know how to cook it and from what I read, 
it would take about 5 hours in the oven.
So, Sunday was the day to cook this bad boy.
I get it all set up and put in the pan and told Aubrey to come look!

I said, "QUICK! Aubrey, LOOK! There is a real chicken in our oven!
Someone cut off his head and neck and now we are going to eat it for supper!"

I am making a big deal out of this of course and she is VERY unsure of what I was saying.
She takes a closer look and has all sorts of questions:
"Is it a hen? Where is it's neck? Does it have babies?..."
I answer correctly except I may have told her that I cut off the head and threw it in her bed.
(I know, not nice! - Steve was saying that I shouldn't have said that, too!)
She quick runs into her room to check and I had to clarify for her
the real story behind a chicken.
After a little lesson she says, "Okay, but I am NEVER eating a REAL chicken!"
And that's when I said "You already have...too late!"

Finally after the 5 hours of cooking, it was done.
Steve "googled" it to see how to really cut it and eat it, but 
it was really tender and easy to find the meat.
Reluctantly, Aubrey decided she would try it...with Ranch.
It was a success,
Now she knows she DOES eat REAL chicken...and she likes it!

Then she was asking about white, chocolate and strawberry milk and you can about imagine where her mind went with that.
Steve says, "We are moving back to the farm, NOW!" Lol



No comments:

Post a Comment