Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mommy's Night Out

Well, it was test time for Miss Aubrey.  I had a bridal shower to go to on Friday night, which meant that Steve had to stay home with Aubrey, give her a bottle, and put her to bed. Yikes!  I told Steve to keep me updated throughout the night.

Normally Aubrey has been eating last at 9:00 and then to bed for the night after that.  Well, at 8:00 I get a text "No guarantees but 3 oz and sleeping in crib."  Hmmm, yay - now would that last...I didn't think so.  I get another text around 9:45, "Would be willing to let you come home if you want." Oh, dear!  Turns out that she only napped in her crib for 45 minutes and was up and upset and would not calm down.  The thing that did work was taking more of the bottle as Steve would feed her another 3.5 oz, but no calming her down for bed.

So, taking the bottle....CHECK; having Steve put her to bed...UGH! Now, any advice about that? Two weeks and counting til Josh's wedding and I would like to have a babysitter put her to bed...oh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment