Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nursery

We went to church this evening, which is always an iffy thing to do.  Aubrey typically does not do the best in church in the evening, but Steve is ushering for the month of July so we have gone for the past few weeks.  She did pretty good for the first 20 minutes; she's just getting so noisy...not bad, just talkative and "screaming" for fun!

I realized she had a dirty diaper so I took her out to change it and hopefully offer a distraction for a bit.  I came back to church and she was just squealing like crazy :) Steve and I had never brought her to the nursery, nor had we ever discussed it. But, as Steve was taking the sermon notes he jotted down, "NURSERY." So, I went out with her and dropped her off for the first time.  Evening service is the time to test the waters since there was only one other girl in there, and normally during the a.m. service there can be up to 12.

Well, we got our pager and I was just waiting for it to go off signaling that there was a problem, but nope, she did it!  She made it through (or I guess I should say I made it through) her first nursery experience.  The lady said she hardly made a peep.  She just sucked and drooled on her dress. Perfect! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment