Saturday, January 4, 2014

1-6

Oops, apparently I missed to update a game before Christmas.
I think they played Eddyville (they lost).

They are now 1-6.

Friday night, Aubrey and I bundled up and trekked over to Albia.
Last year when we drove over, I remember I got lost
and had to call Craig for directions so this time I was sure to
get better directions from Steve.
He gave GREAT directions, except he told me to turn at the Casey's
and the school would be shortly after that.

WELL...the Casey's he was referring to had been torn down
and I went 3 blocks further to the newer Casey's - OOPS!
Needless to say, I need another call for directions this year. Oh dear.

On the way there, I was telling Aubrey that we are going to Albia
to watch Daddy coach.
She was so confused. I guess she doesn't remember what 
away games are like.
She kept saying, "Why did Daddy switch basketball to Albia?"
"But we live in Oskaloosa! Why is Daddy coaching in Albia?!"
It was pretty cute to hear her try to understand.

Unfortunately, the game didn't turn out as planned
as it quickly became a blowout with a final score of 63-33.
On a positive side, it was the highest points that
the Oskaloosa girls have gotten this year.

No comment from the Coach this time.
He says, "If you want a comment, read the paper."
Ouch ;)

Poor Steve, he is quite frustrated with the season.
He said to me, "Did I have fun last year? Cuz this year sucks!"
And, yes, I reminded him that last season was awesome,
just too bad for a bummer of a season this year.






1 comment: