Friday, October 9, 2015

Baking with Mom

This little sweetie just wanted to bake with Mom, so we did. 
We paged through the cookbook and thought Twix bars sounded good.
Aubrey preceded to lay the crackers down and then I realized we were out of brown sugar.
So the girls and I loaded up for a quick trip to Hy-Vee.
We got back and things were going well until it was time for the chocolate frosting :(
I tried it on the stove and burned it.
I tried in in the microwave and it was not right, either!
I tried to smooth the chocolate out and still, it didn't look too great.
Ugh, that is why I don't like baking!
But Aubrey loved it.
She knew she wouldn't be able to eat them since they had peanut butter in them,
but it was all about working together and having fun.
(PS - Steve came home and we tried them 
and they actually tasted WAY BETTER than they looked :))

1 comment: