Thursday, February 18, 2016

Avery the climber

They say your second child is more of a terror than your first, I would say this is true of our Avery Leigh.

She is always getting into something and lately it is climbing onto things by herself and then yelling,"I stuck mommy, help me!" In the past two days she has climbed up the changing table and couldn't get down. She has climbed up on our computer desk and couldn't get down. And then I found her in her high chair standing on the tray!!! I have no idea how she climbs into these things since she usually just quickly sneaks away and gets stuck. I know now not to let her out of my sight for long.

A few other funny things lately have been her nose diving straight out of the bathtub all slippery and wet to get a toy and she yells, "Baby overboard!" Aubrey and I laughed at that for quite awhile.

And since Avery is often being a stinker, we have a nice little nickname that Aubrey and I often use. When she gets into mischief we both say, "You naughty little HEIFER!" Yes, you read that right. I think it stems back from my Dad (Van Grouw) whom I clearly remember calling his children "little heifers" when they were being silly or naughty. I don't know if that is an accurate memory or not. Can any Van Grouw family member confirm or deny that? ;) And now when bossy bear Avery sees her older sister being naughty, too, she yells, "No, no, Aubrey, you naughty heifer." Oh dear, what have I done :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment