Sunday, October 23, 2011

Date Night

Steve and I really have not been on a "real date" since Aubrey was born until last night! Steve's Mom (and Dad) were willing to watch Aubrey for the night.  We went to Des Moines to our favorite restaurant, Red Robin, and then we went to the Matt Maher, Laura Story, and Andy Cherry concert at the Point of Grace Church in Waukee.

We got home at almost 11:00 and not to bed until 11:30! I can't remember the last time I stayed up that late! :) I've been up to feed Aubrey at that time, but not starting off bed at that time.  Unfortunately Aubrey woke up for the first time at 12:30 so that was a short-lived "one hour nap" to start off the night. Haha.

We had a really nice time away and from what we hear, Aubrey did well for Grandpa and Grandma, too.  That was the first night I had not put her to bed so I was hoping things would go ok...I guess she really is getting to be a big girl...doesn't need her Mommy all the time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment