Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sickness

I am writing this in between loads on laundry and waiting for all my disinfecting sprays and cleaners to clear the air while Aubrey naps.  We have had a terrible week with sickness all in the family. Three people in the family and each of us on antibiotics!  

It started last week Saturday with Aubrey having a horrible night and we...(Aubrey and I) have not had a good night's sleep since.  Steve took her to to Dr. on Tuesday and eventually determined that she had a bad cold which turned into an ear infection...again! It was a horrible time getting her the right prescription because I waited at the pharmacy for OVER an hour just to find out that they prescribed amoxicillin...which we had the hives reaction to last time! I was not happy! It turned out that I had to call the Dr. back and the resubscribed her with another medicine.  But, Steve then had to drive back to Pella that night and pick it up right before the pharmacy closed. UGH! Thankfully he brought home supper, too :)

Our biggest thing with her was that she was so full of snot and mucous that as soon as she would eat she would cough and it would ALL come back out again.  We all went through several outfits a day for awhile there. The meds have helped her ears, but she still wakes up a lot at night coughing.

Steve and I both took a day off of work this week to be home with her and THEN we caught it. I stayed home from school on Wednesday and went to the Dr. and found out that I was sick with strep throat.  It was a long day Wednesday being sick and taking care of a sick little girl.  Thankfully Steve's Dad was able to watch Aubrey for 2 hours while I went to the Dr.

 Steve then came down with the same thing Thursday night. I told him he had to go and get on antibiotics too before the weekend. So, he did and got lots of rest Friday.

Finally, I can say we are almost on the mend! What a poor, sick, little family we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment