Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sickness...:p

It's been a rough week or so in the Kaisand house 
And we are hoping we are nearing the end.

It all started last Thursday night as Aubrey woke up
Several times in the night crying and was inconsolable.
We figured out that night that her tonsils were very pussy and large.
I took both girls into the doctor Friday morning
And got Aubrey on meds for tonsillitis.
I was hopeful I could get Avery's second dose of her flu shot
while we were there, but she was starting to run a temp, too!

Meanwhile, Grandma and Grandpa Van Grouw 
We're on their way over for a fun-filled weekend
(Or so we thought).
Friday night basketball game,
Saturday: gymnastics show, family pictures, and presents
And Sunday would be Aubrey's first church Christmas program.

Friday night game went fine and got everyone to bed 
Until 11:00 pm and Avery is screaming her head off.
We tried until 2:00 to get her sleeping with us or on us
Or on the couch or the chair and nothing worked! 
Finally I put her in her car seat and she slept!
(I should have had her ears checked when we were at the doctor on Friday!)

Right about ten minutes later Aubrey got sick with the stomach flu
All. Night. Long.
We were running out of blankets and pillows!
Amidst Aubrey being sick, Avery threw up in her car seat
Several times that night, too! 
Oh. My. Word.
We were going from one girl to the other, about every half hour!
NO ONE got much sleep that night! It was ridiculous!

Finally when morning came, we sent mom and dad home immediately
And said SO SORRY after they ran to Hyvee to 
Get us some Pedialyte, crackers, and 7up.
By morning, Aubrey was out of bed but still not doing the best.
Her tonsillitis was getting the best of her since she couldn't take those meds
since she wasn't eating or drinking anything yet.
Both girls laid around all day and tried to get better.
The t.v. was on all day long and Aubrey napped on the couch periodically.

Sunday morning was supposed to be Aubrey's first church program
But since she was still running a temp because of her tonsillitis
and hadn't really eaten a lot,
She had to miss it and she was super bummed!

Sunday night I ended up getting the stomach flu
And Steve was about eight hours behind with his sickness.
How terrible!
Monday Steve and I were really not feeling good yet
So the girls had free reign of the house
And actually, they were super good for being neglected all day.
Needless to say, the house was a disaster!

The plan was to head up to NWI on Wednesday
So that gave us a bit of time to disinfect, do tons of wash and pack.
Neither Steve or I had an appetite for quite awhile.

Tuesday, I noticed that my ear was really hurting and felt like an ear infection.
So, I decided to call in and see if they could give me something over the phone
Since I had just been in with both girls over the weekend
And really did not want to go in again!
Unfortunately, they recommend that I go in.

So, I scheduled a late apt. for 6:30 that night.
And sure enough, the on call doctor felt very sorry for me
And gave me an antibiotic AND Tylenol with codeine!

Well, now all three ladies of the house were on antibiotics
and have had most of the illnesses going around!
Now, I guess it was time to celebrate Christmas
and hopefully don't pick up anything else or spread it, either!


No comments:

Post a Comment