Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Ear Infection

These last few nights have been HORRIBLE in the Kaisand household.
Avery has NOT wanted to go to sleep or stay asleep for that matter.
Last week she slept through the night 3 nights in a row
and now, the past 4 nights have been atrocious! 

Night one - sucked
Night two - ugh, not again!
Night three - a bad pattern!

Last night it took us 3 hours of trying to soothe her in any way:
-nursing then bottle
-motrin then tylenol
-swing, then tummy
-jammies, then onesie then sleep suit...
nothing, seemed to help and we were exhausted!

FINALLY, at 1:30 we decided to just take turns sleeping with her
while holding her - either on the couch or the chair - 
that is what made her the most comfortable.
Steve took the first shift and I set my alarm for an hour and 15 minutes later
and we switched. I told Steve to do the same and come 
and switch around 4:30. Well, Steve never came - he set his alarm 
for the p.m., so Mommy and Avery were on the couch 
sleeping together for four hours - not the most restful night in my life.
5:30 I decided to put her back in her crib
 and she actually stayed sleeping!

So, I called the Dr. this morning and got in at 11:30.
Steve stayed home with her in the morning and I took the afternoon shift.
Turns out it there was fluid in the ear and an ear infection!
They prescribed amoxicilon (?) which I hope she isn't allergic to like
her sister and Daddy - we shall see!
I wanted to get her in since we *plan* to go to the Clay County Fair this weekend!
Hopefully the meds do the trick.

Side note - I was thinking this was about when Aubrey had her first ear infection
so I went back to my blog posts and SURE ENOUGH!
It was this SAME WEEK that Aubrey had her first ear infection
because we didn't know if we should go up to the fair or not either - CRAZY!
I guess they really are more alike than we thought ;)

Here's to PRAYING for a better night!
This Momma is officially whooped!
(not good for my patience with students or Aubrey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment