Friday, September 12, 2014

Locked Out!


Yesterday afternoon, I was home alone with the girls
 and decided to use the bathroom. 
I left Avery on the floor in her room playing and 
Aubrey was flying around being "Elsa!"

As I am using the bathroom, she decided to lock me
in the bathroom - not a big deal. 
I hear a few other doors slam and that's when I get worried!
As I am still in the bathroom, 
"Aubrey?!?!?! Did you lock any other doors?!"
All the while I am praying, please not Avery's door,
please not Avery's door, please not Avery's door!

I quickly rush out of the bathroom only to find my deepest fear=
Aubrey locked Avery in her bedroom...
AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE KEY IS!
Panic takes over!

Aubrey is sent to her room and she is crying since 
she is being punished and Mommy may have raised her voice.
Avery is still hanging out with no tears, yet, good!

I try to call Steve- no answer.
I try a bobby pin - no luck.
I try a paper clip - no luck.
I try Steve again - no answer (10 times!)
I try the school - 3 times - no answer!
I try a flat head screw drive - no luck.
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Avery has started crying now - great!
Call Steve again - no answer!
Try school again - FINALLY, someone answers!
I said, "Please find my husband Steve Kaisand.
He is in charge of the weight room, Tell him to call his
wife - there is an emergency at home!"

It's been about 35 minutes now and I am waiting
for Steve to call me back.
Meanwhile, I tell Aubrey to go sing to Avery
so she isn't so scared!

Aubrey just so happens to check the door again -
AND IT OPENS!
What?! How in the world?!
And little Miss Aubrey thinks she's the hero since she opened the door-
PAHLEASE! ;)

I quickly get Avery -
who had rolled and scooted herself UNDERNEATH her crib
and was drenched in tears, snot, and sweat - poor sweet girl!
Steve finally calls me back - 40 minutes after our fiasco started.
He wonders what's going on but everything is fine. Now.

Turns out we DO have a key for the door - I just didn't know where.
Lesson for all.
Oh. My. Goodness!
Please tell me things like this happen to other families-
and not just mine, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment