Monday, December 31, 2012

Sick little girl

I know there has been a lot of YUCK out there with a lot of people sick and fast spreading of germs with all the holiday gatherings and I was really hoping we would escape it too, but nope!

Since Saturday, Aubrey has been running a pretty high fever, even up to 105 degrees at one point on Sunday! Steve and I didn't know if we should take her it or nor but we kept dosing her with Advil and Tylenol every three hours hoping time would heal, but it didn't. 

I really didn't think it was her ears and she really didn't have a lot of symptoms except she seemed to be very sensitive on her neck and throat area, so maybe that was the deal?! Monday morning came and it was another restless night for all so I decided to take her in but I couldn't get in until 11:30. I always hate knowing whether I should take her in or not, but this time I thought better safe than sorry and I was glad I did!

The Doctor (not our usual one) was a bit confused with the high fever with lack of symptoms. He looked in her ears and there was some fluid in each ear, but not warrant enough for such a high fever. Then he looked in her throat and saw pus! So, it was concluded that she has tonsillitis, probably strep, and a minor ear infection in both ears. Poor little girl!

So, we get to ring in the New Year at home!

Saturday morning on the coach...thinking she wasn't feeling so great already then.

Awww 

Sunday night! So sick and snuggly!

We went back and forth from TV
to movies
to you tube clips to keep her entertained!

No comments:

Post a Comment