Monday, December 3, 2012

"You are so pretty!"

Okay, I normally wouldn't post something like this, but I just have to share since it made such an impact on my day Saturday! It was Saturday morning and I was working out at Curves and didn't particularly want to be there that morning, but I was and just going about my workout when an elderly lady leaned over to me and said,

"You are so pretty!"

Wait a minute, what...I am not sure I know who you are and I am in the middle of sweating my booty off and you say that to me?! WOW! I immediately said,

"Oh, why thank you, I don't get that a lot, like ever...but thank you!" (BIG SMILE)

It's not every day that you get such a sweet comment from a stranger.  We didn't go on talking the rest of the time there. She did her workout and I did mine and I just could not stop thinking about her kind words the rest of the time, well, more like rest of the day or even the rest of the weekend!

Here was a very elderly woman, and I think I may know her name and she might even go to our church, and many of you reading from this area may even know who she is and it wouldn't surprise you by that comment, but that's not what was so important to me. What was so meaningful is that this woman did not know me at all, but just felt compelled to share that with me.

I know it was an "outwardly" comment but it goes to show that a small little comment to someone can make their day in such a big way! So, choose your words carefully and go ahead and make someone's day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment