Thursday, June 20, 2013

Potty Training Day Three

Deep Sigh! We made it through day three!
(all while Steve was gone the entire day and night)

Overall, today was FANTASTIC!
Aubrey has finally realized what "the urge" is and she usually does a little
dance or lets out a "agh" and we hustle to the potty!

My essentials in a potty training day:

For the most part today, there were no REAL accidents
(as in she would run away from me and pee in a corner).
Instead, if there was an accident, 
it was a little trickle before she could get there but she was on her way.

Or, there was a  little trinkle in her panies 
and she would realize she was going and then we would run and 
she would make the rest in! 
Yippee, little girl! You are doing it!
No BIG messes, just a quick little change of the panies and we were off and running!

I decided to take her to the Library for one hour today since it was story time
and she had been doing so well.
I knew she would probably have to go, so I showed her the potty
right when we got there.
Sure enough about 10 minutes in, she was doing the potty dance
and "oh ohing." I rushed her to the potty but it was too late.
We had an accident in transition, BUT we were on our way.
I tried to put her on the potty there but it was a BIG ONE
and she was scared.

So tomorrow, we work on not just our little potty chair
but trying the BIG ONE (with the Dora insert of course!)

Overall, I am SO PROUD of her! She did great!
I think it is safe to say that I will be cancelling my diapers and wipes subscription today!
That's not to say we won't have accidents, but I think she has got the idea.

Because she did so well, I rewarded her with McDonald's for supper.
She was so excited!

The only disappointment for today was she did not go #2 
at all today. I know there was a time or two she had to go, but just got 
all whiny and scared and wouldn't go. 
We still have to work on that...but we are off to a great start I think! :)

Thanks for following in on all our fun! LOL.



1 comment:

  1. Go Aubrey! I am dreading this with Adelyn. Since you made it look so easy, maybe you would like to spend a few days here and train her for me? Just kidding...but seriously... ;)

    ReplyDelete