Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Potty Training Day Two

Well, day two is complete with potty training - yay!

Aubrey is really catching on that I am "following her around" all day and often just says
"play by myself!" - poor girl just wants some alone time and Mommy doesn't let her
without chasing her down. 



Anyway, the early morning started off pretty well shooting about 50 %, but by the late morning
I was ready to scream! At the same time, a salesperson came to our door
and wanted to sell some educational books to me, which I was very interested in.

I warned him that we were potty training, but still came in anyway! In the 15 minutes
while he was here, I set Aubrey on the potty in front of the TV and 
she went in the potty by herself (YAY) so I had to politely
leave the salesman to do our victory routine! 

Poor guy (he was still in college and pretty clueless about this stage of life) :)

THEN two minutes later she started crying and 
she had pooped on the floor - oh goodness!
The guy was still here, so I politely dismissed myself AGAIN 
to deal with the mess. 
I told him that this was probably birth control for him - lol!

Then the next couple hours were ROUGH and I wondered if we were gaining at all!
There were three messes in 20 minutes, and Steve was still gone for the morning - ugh!
FINALLY, once Steve came home, things improved quickly...go figure.


We proceeded through lunch, playtime inside, naptime, playtime outside and
we were ACCIDENT-FREE for SIX HOURS, making it in the potty each time!!!
We were on a roll! 
I found on the key was to suggest that we try to go potty (every hour or so)
and then she would go! 

Then came suppertime and she threw a fit since she wanted to pour her drink and 
I wouldn't let her...needless to say, extreme crying causing one to lose bladder control,
which I knew was going to happen. But with that only mishap,
we were good from noon until eight o clock bedtime - YES!

Our score for today:
10 makes
2 missed poopies
1 naptime dry
1 kinda-made poopies 
5 missed potties 

(our Tinkerbell notebook with Mommy notes
and Aubrey's Dora and Princess stickers) 



1 comment:

  1. I have to say that you guys played a huge part in Kailey's potty training. We struggled with her getting fully on board until she had the motivation that she had to be a big girl if she wanted to be in two very special people's wedding!

    ReplyDelete