Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Potty training begins!

This afternoon after Avery's nap I started the potty training process. Steve was at the farm and Aubrey was at a friend's house so it was a quiet few hours to start her alone without lots of distractions.

I laid down the towels and put the potty chair in the living room and went straight to panties.


There was a lot going on outside so she sat there for a bit.

We then went outside for most of the afternoon/early evening! A much easier clean up environment if needed.

She did so good! The first time she went potty in her undies she felt really sad and said "mommy I'm going potty outside in my panties!" Since I was right there I caught her mid stream and got half in the potty chair! It was an easy hose off and change of clothes and back at it again.

For the rest of the day (about three times) she made it into the potty chair by herself! I was so proud and of course there was lots of candy and stickers. She kept saying "mommy are you so proud of me?!" Yes, very, big girl! We shall see what day two brings :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment